Karaoke and wings

Zachary Araki

Member of BSU Ronjae Cunnikin Jr. performs at "Trap Karaoke." Zachary Araki/The Lion's Roar

Music, wings and fun continued the festivities of Black History Month.

The Black Student Union hosted “Trap Karaoke” on Feb. 22 at Bone-A-Fide Wings & Things. Sophomore psychology major and parliamentarian of BSU Asia Young discussed why BSU decided to hold this event.

“We wanted to do something different,” said Young. “We usually do ‘Trap Karaoke,’ but we wanted to try it at a different event to give them a chill back off of work and the second semester.”

Sophomore health systems management major Jasmine Bickham sang “Always Be My Baby” by Mariah Carey. She shared her experience performing.

“It’s like that moment in ‘High School Musical’ where Gabriella was up there singing,” said Bickham. “It’s like coming out into the world, just enjoying yourself and being around friends.”

Bickham shared why she attended “Trap Karaoke.”

“It’s a nice event,” said Bickham. “It’s something that I like to do in the car, so why not go somewhere with a bunch of friends and do it? And also, the location is different. It’s not just on school.”

Member of BSU Ronjae Cunnikin Jr. discussed what he would like people to know about BSU.

“It’s a great organization on campus,” said Cunnikin. “We do a lot in the community besides ‘Trap Karaoke.’ We do a lot in the community, a lot of community service and everything.”

Young invited anyone to attend the BSU meetings held on Monday at 5 p.m. in Student Union Room 2207.

“BSU is not just a place to voice your opinion,” said Young. “It’s a place where you can feel at home and feel connected with people, any type of people. We want everybody to come out and have a good time.”

Cunnikin shared his thoughts on the event.

“I had a great time tonight,” said Cunnikin. “It was a real nice event. We had real nice turnout. We even had the BSU from the school in Lafayette, and they came out, and they showed their support.”

About the Writer