Looking to spook others?

The Campus Activities Board is interested in selecting several volunteers to participate in five different roles for its haunted house in October. CAB has an application active on the university website.

File Photo

File Photo

Jacob Summerville, Staff Reporter

Students who want to contribute to a “horror”ble experience can become volunteers for the Campus Activities Board’s second annual haunted house.

CAB is looking to recruit lead actors, secondary actors, makeup artists, prop creators and event staff.

Lead actors will have speaking roles while secondary actors will not. Masks and makeup will be provided. Those who apply to be a makeup artist must provide their own makeup and arrive to the event two hours before its opening. Prop creators will meet from Oct. 26-28. Those interested must inform CAB of their availability before 5 p.m. on Oct. 18. Event staff are in charge of helping the evenings run smoothly.

This year, the haunted house will be hosted from Oct. 29-31 from 4-10 p.m.

In addition to the event extension, Alyssa Arceneaux, a graduate assistant for CAB, shared another major change to this year’s haunted house.

“We are also using tickets to guarantee at least 300 students per night get to go through the haunted house,” said Arceneaux.

The application for volunteers can be found online at www.southeastern.edu/cab.