Brewing to the nines

The Hammond Regional Arts Center's ninth annual fundraiser “Brews Arts Festival” approaches this semester.

File Photo

File Photo

Jennifer Dettwiller, Staff Reporter

The Hammond Regional Arts Center will bring together local breweries for their 9th annual “Brews Arts Festival.”

Since this year is the ninth year of the festival, the theme will be “Brewing to the Nines.”

Tara Bennett, media coordinator for HRAC, discussed the signature fundraiser.

“This annual tasting event is designed to support HRAC’s important work in the community while promoting an appreciation of craft beer,” said Bennett. “A ticket to the festival includes access to samples of beer from local craft brewers. New to this year will be added food pairings from local restaurants.”

The night will be set to emphasize local breweries and their signature selections that will be matched with corresponding food pairings for guests’ enjoyment. According to Bennett, the participating restaurants include Mojito’s Bistro, Tacos & Beer Hammond, Our Mom’s Restaurant and Bar, Le Saigon Hammond, Blackened Brew and Unique Events by T. Nichols.

People who decide to come out are in for a treat.

“Anyone who enjoys having a good time can look forward to sampling new brews they may have never tried before, or rediscover old favorites in a new way with the added food pairings,” said Bennett. “Also, with the demonstrations, vendors and music, it’s a perfect time for a Friday night.”

Attendees will also see booths by Henderson’s Hearth, Hammond Art Guild and Jewelry Designs by MiMi, live artist demonstrations from the Southeastern Ceramics Club and Louisiana metal artist John Perilloux, and live music by The Open Range band.

For the HRAC, the concept of each event is important.

“HRAC puts the focus on bringing the best experience to its attendees each year, and it’s a wonderful way to support the arts center and help in continuing its mission,” said Bennett.

The local breweries were hand picked by HRAC for their focus on craft beer in the Hammond area. The local breweries will include places such as Gnarly Barley Brewing Co., Bayou Teche Brewing, Southern Craft Brewing Co., Tin Roof Brewing Co., Urban South Brewery, Great Raft Brewing and Low Road Brewing.

The festival will be held in downtown Hammond at the Morrison Alley Parking Lot off North Cypress on Friday, Sept. 28 from 5-9 p.m.