Intramural football takes the field

Morgan Foret, Alpha Sigma Tau quarterback, rolls out to the right in her team's flag football match.

Gerard Borne

Gerard Borne

Gerard Borne, Staff Reporter

Intramural flag football was in full swing Monday afternoon as the Boo-Bees and Doo-Bees faced off against the Saints and Sinners Beta.

On Monday, Sept. 17, the Saints and Sinners Beta were first to light up the scoreboard by scoring a touchdown in the first half. The second half was all Boo-Bees and Doo-Bees as they had possession of the ball for the majority of the half.

With two minutes left in the second half, the Boo-Bees and Doo-Bees struck with a three yard run to the end zone. The score stood at 6-7 with a minute left on the clock, and the Boo-Bees and Doo-Bees decided to go for a two-point conversion.

The two-point conversion was stopped by the Saints and Sinners’ defense securing their victory.

With the  victory over the Boo-Bees and Doo-Bees, the Saints and Sinners Beta move up to three wins and no losses. Meanwhile, the Boo-Bees and Doo-Bees fall to one win and one loss on the season.

Intramural flag football kicked off last week on Monday, Sept. 10 under coordination of Recreational Sports and Wellness.

The university’s intramural flag football consists of four leagues: men’s, women’s, Greek and co-ed. The entry fee per team is $125, and teams can have no more than 15 players. Games are scheduled on Mondays and Thursdays.

To sign up as a free agent for intramural flag football, visit IMLeagues online. Free agents can be claimed by any team but are not guaranteed a spot on a team.

Flag football is scheduled to wrap up on Nov. 11.