Brewing and flourishing

Back to Article
Back to Article

Brewing and flourishing

Breweries at the

Breweries at the "Brews Arts Festival" offered attendees samples of their craft beers.

Zachary Araki

Zachary Araki

Zachary Araki

Zachary Araki, A&E Editor

The Hammond Regional Arts Center invited the community to enjoy craft beer, food, artwork and live music for the ninth annual “Brews Arts Festival.”

Local breweries and restaurants set up in the Morrison Alley Parking Lot on Friday, Sept. 28.

Tara Bennett, media coordinator for HRAC, shared her thoughts on the fundraiser’s nine years of running.

“I’m very excited to see ‘Brews Arts Festival’ flourish and expand in its ninth year,” said Bennett. “It has become quite successful over the years, and we are thankful to continue to grow this can’t miss event through our partnerships with local breweries and now our local restaurants.”

According to Bennett, HRAC focuses on the quality of its events trying to offer attendees an optimal experience.

“‘Brews Arts Festival’ is a signature fundraiser of the HRAC,” said Bennett. “This annual tasting event is designed to support HRAC’s important work in the community while promoting an appreciation of craft beer. The festival is yet another example of our dedication to continue to provide our community with a variety of unique and fun experiences while promoting our mission of supporting and bringing exposure to the arts.”

Several breweries brought their craft beer to the fundraiser. Joe Ribando, owner of Low Road Brewing, participated in the event for the second year.

“It’s a great opportunity for people in Hammond to come out and enjoy great craft beer,” said Ribando. “The arts festival does a great job of pulling multiple breweries in. This year’s really special pairing it with different foods and local restaurants.”

Carl Schneider came out to the festival for the beer and food.

“The weather’s cooperating, which I think is nice,” said Schneider. “Had this been yesterday with the downpour, would have been a mess, but I think it’s a good crowd. I think it’s a good venue. They’ve got some great beers and excellent food and good music, and it’s a good cause. What else can you ask for?”