Getting ready for the basketball season

The 11th annual

The 11th annual "Full Court Fest" promoted the upcoming basketball season with games where fans took to the court.

Zachary Araki

Zachary Araki

Zachary Araki, A&E Editor

The men’s and women’s basketball teams looked to raise fan excitement leading to their season openers in November with the 11th annual “Full Court Fest.”

Both basketball teams took to the court in the University Center on Oct. 23 at 7 p.m. The event included games with fan engagement, prizes, free T-shirts, free food and performances from the Lionettes and cheerleaders.

“It was real fun,” said Marlain Veal, a senior guard. “We had a way bigger crowd than we had the past three years even though it wasn’t like Kentucky or anything, but it was more packed than it usually is. It was a great turnout. It looked like everybody had fun.”

Kyshawn Domingue, a sophomore athletic training major, particularly enjoyed watching the dunking contest. He shared why he attended “Full Court Fest.”

“I came to show support because I’m on the track team myself, so it’s nice for us to support each other,” said Domingue.

Veal discussed the impact of fan attendance on games.

“Home field advantage is always great to have,” said Veal. “Having people to support you always motivates you to play hard. Having people here in the stands makes the game more exciting and makes you play harder. They make you give more effort to the game, so having the stands packed this year would be great for us.”