Carnival offers a safe Halloween

Leah+Cross%2C+a+junior+kinesiology+major%2C+hands+out+candy+for+%22Fall+Carnival.%22+Organizations+put+together+games+for+children+during+Halloween.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Carnival offers a safe Halloween

Leah Cross, a junior kinesiology major, hands out candy for

Leah Cross, a junior kinesiology major, hands out candy for "Fall Carnival." Organizations put together games for children during Halloween.

Zachary Araki

Zachary Araki

Zachary Araki

Zachary Araki, A&E Editor

The 14th annual “Fall Carnival” provided a safe place for children to enjoy Halloween.

Due to the weather, the “Fall Carnival” moved into the Pennington Student Activity Center on Oct. 31 from 5-7 p.m. Organizations set up tables with games and candy for the children.

Ronjae Cunnikin Jr, a senior accounting major, participated with Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. He shared why his organization participated in the carnival.

“We’re here for the kids, and we want the kids to have a good time in a safe space because nowadays, the world is crazy,” said Cunnikin. “We want a safe space where our youth can continue to have a good time and get free candy.”

Nia Ponson, a junior communication sciences and disorders major, participated with Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. “to provide a safe Halloween for kids.”

“I think it’s going fairly well,” said Ponson. “It gives kids the opportunity to come out and trick or treat safely. It’s fun.”