Dancing in remembrance of an alumna

Alaura+Cervini%2C+a+junior+double+majoring+in+history+and+general+studies%2C+performs+for+%22A+few+of+her+favorite+things%3A+a+dedication+to+Mary+Lou+Champagne.%22+The+performance+highlighted+some+of+Champagne%27s+favorite+interests+and+activities.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Dancing in remembrance of an alumna

Alaura Cervini, a junior double majoring in history and general studies, performs for

Alaura Cervini, a junior double majoring in history and general studies, performs for "A few of her favorite things: a dedication to Mary Lou Champagne." The performance highlighted some of Champagne's favorite interests and activities.

Madeline Cancienne

Madeline Cancienne

Madeline Cancienne

Madeline Cancienne, Staff Reporter

The dance program showcased the memory of an alumna with the performance “A few of her favorite things: a dedication to Mary Lou Champagne.”

The performance, held on Nov. 19 at 7:30 p.m. in the Vonnie Borden Theatre, highlighted Champagne’s favorite things such as songs and activities.

Alexis May, a senior double majoring in psychology and general studies, shared that the performance was more improvised than choreographed.

“We had a few class meeting where we would go over maps, so it was basically some guidelines we would follow, but none of it was choreographed,” said May. “It was all on the spot, and we just had to make sure we followed these guidelines.”

Alaura Cervini, a junior double majoring in history and general studies, explained that information regarding Champagne’s interests was gathered by Director of Dance Keith “Skip” Costa from Champagne’s family.

“‘Skip,’ the director, actually took care of a lot of the gathering of information,” said Cervini. “He selected key points of what was important to her and what made her life what it was, and he translated those into pieces for us. Then, we just kind of did what ‘Skip’ made for us to do there. So, ‘Skip’ really made sure her life was shown there on stage.”