Larose’s farewell to the crown

Back to Article
Back to Article

Larose’s farewell to the crown

Alyssa Larose, a junior elementary education and special education major,  cuts the cake with Coordinator of Campus Activities Board Nick Elliott, celebrating her time as Miss Southeastern.

Alyssa Larose, a junior elementary education and special education major, cuts the cake with Coordinator of Campus Activities Board Nick Elliott, celebrating her time as Miss Southeastern.

Breanna Rexwinkle

Breanna Rexwinkle

Breanna Rexwinkle

Breanna Rexwinkle, Staff Reporter

2018 Miss Southeastern Alyssa Larose organized a farewell banquet as she prepares to give up the crown.

Larose’s legacy as Miss Southeastern included building sponsorship for the pageant. Owner of Bra la Vie Andrea Kopfler shared why she became a sponsor.

“Alyssa approached me, and I had been looking for ways to partner with Southeastern,” said Kopfler. “I just thought it was the perfect opportunity. I was really excited about it, and I think it is something that can really grow. The community support has also been great.”

According to Kopfler, Larose is leaving a positive legacy with the pageant.

“I can really see that she’s made effort to promote the girls and the entire pageant,” said Kopfler. “When she approached me, she told me herself she really wants to lead things for the next Miss SLU, and I think she’s done an excellent job with that.”

Coordinator of Campus Activities Board Nick Elliott worked with Larose in her year’s journey with the crown.

“Alyssa has been the most outstanding Miss Southeastern I’ve ever worked with,” said Elliott. “I’ve had so many compliments about all the work she’s done. People really know we have a Miss Southeastern now. She’s been so helpful with this year’s pageant too. She’s very involved, and I can’t thank her enough.”

Alicia Schouest, a junior nursing major, saw Larose fitting into the position as a close friend.

“Seeing Alyssa from first day of college to who she is now is a completely different woman,” said Schouest. “I think not only was this pageant good for her, but she was better for it. Before her, I didn’t know Miss Southeastern existed. She really has changed lives, and I think she did an outstanding job.”