Filed under On Campus

Promoting safe sex

In+recognition+of+National+Condom+Day%2C+the+University+Health+Center+and+Student+Outreach+and+Advocacy+Representatives+set+up+a+table+in+the+Student+Union+Breezeway.+Students+could+play+a+game+and+learn+more+about+safe+sex+techniques.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Promoting safe sex

In recognition of National Condom Day, the University Health Center and Student Outreach and Advocacy Representatives set up a table in the Student Union Breezeway. Students could play a game and learn more about safe sex techniques.

Diamond Hollins/The Lion's Roar

Diamond Hollins/The Lion's Roar

Diamond Hollins/The Lion's Roar

On National Condom Day, the University Health Center and Student Outreach and Advocacy Representatives set up a table to educate students on safe sex techniques.

“Health Relationships and Condom Educations” was held on Feb. 11 at 10:30 a.m. in the Student Union Breezeway.

Kirsten Dantin, a graduate student, explained the importance of the topic.

“Not only is it important in celebration of today being National Condom Day, but it is also about updating people on being safe when having sex,” shared Dantin.

To further understand the importance of safe sex, students could play the game “Banana-Can-Ya?” They earned a pin and candy for participating.

“Basically, you put on goggles that are hard to see through, and you try to put a condom on a banana,” said Dantin. “The purpose of this is to show students that they probably should not be having sex while intoxicated because it is hard to see what you are doing, and that’s how mistakes happen.”