A battle of brains

Diamond Hollins/The Lion's Roar

The Campus Activities Board pit university students and fifth grade students from the Laboratory School in a competition for “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader.” The winning team took home a prize basket filled with snacks, water bottles, bluetooth speakers, school supplies and CAB beanies.

Intellect and a drive to win mixed for the Campus Activities Board’s “Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader” competition.

The event was held on Feb. 11 from 6-9 p.m. in the Student Union Theatre. Teams of university students competed with teams of fifth grade students from the Laboratory School, and the winning team earned a prize basket filled with snacks, water bottles, bluetooth speakers, school supplies and CAB beanies.

Megan Blomquist, student event manager of CAB, shared why this event was ideal to reach out to students of different age groups.

“One of CAB’s goals is to reach out to more people, and we thought this would be a perfect opportunity to reach out to SLU’s Lab School and see if any fifth graders would be willing to participate,” said Blomquist.