Offers of financial aid to potential lions

At+the+Scholars+Showcase%2C+high+school+students+accepted+their+certificates+and+posed+for+a+photograph+with+Dr.+John+Crain%2C+university+president.+The+university+invited+over+80+high+school+students+and+their+families+to+the+Scholars+Showcase+to+learn+more+about+the+university+offering+them+financial+aid+for+the+next+year.+The+third+and+final+showcase+of+the+semester+will+be+held+in+March.+

Gerard Borne/The Lion's Roar

At the “Scholars Showcase,” high school students accepted their certificates and posed for a photograph with Dr. John Crain, university president. The university invited over 80 high school students and their families to the “Scholars Showcase” to learn more about the university offering them financial aid for the next year. The third and final showcase of the semester will be held in March.

Offering millions of dollars in financial aid and assistance, the university recognized high school students who were offered scholarships for the next academic year.

The Office of Admissions held “Scholars Showcase” in the Student Union Grand Ballroom on Feb. 28 at 6 p.m. The event hosted over 80 high school students and their families.

Anthony Ranatza, director of admissions, discussed what the event offered attendees.

“‘Scholars Showcase’ night has been around for 20 years now, and it recognizes those who are granted a scholarship from the university,” said Ranatza. “This is our second event this school year, and we have a packed house with over 400 people here tonight. We have faculty from every college of education to talk to and show our incoming freshmen what their field of interest is like. ”

The next “Scholars Showcase” is scheduled for Tuesday, March 19, and it will be the final one of the semester.