Network and search at a career fair

Almost+50+local+and+national+employers+visited+campus+for+the+2019+%22Biz-Connect%22+career+fair.+Students+could+network+with+the+employers+in+search+for+full-time%2C+part-time%2C+intern+or+temporary+positions.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Network and search at a career fair

Almost 50 local and national employers visited campus for the 2019

Almost 50 local and national employers visited campus for the 2019 "Biz-Connect" career fair. Students could network with the employers in search for full-time, part-time, intern or temporary positions.

Maiah Woodring/The Lion's Roar

Maiah Woodring/The Lion's Roar

Maiah Woodring/The Lion's Roar

At the annual “Biz-Connect” career fair, students networked with potential employers looking to fill full-time, part-time, intern and temporary positions.

49 local and national employers attended the career fair on Thursday, March 14 from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Garrett Hall.

Karley Bordelon, a student worker at the Office of Career Services, explained what she enjoyed most about the event.

“Everyone loves getting little free samples, but it’s nice being able to network with everybody in the community,” shared Bordelon.

April Kemp, instructor of marketing and supply chain management, encouraged student participation and networking at the event.

“The most encouraging part of this event for me was having multiple students get interviews for internships and job opportunities,” stated Kemp.

For Karlie McDonald, a junior marketing major, networking at the career fair left a positive impression.

“At least three out of the four companies that I got to talk to definitely look like it would be a company I would love to work for, and they are open to hiring me,” said McDonald.