Comedy show brings a night of laughs

The+AJ+Live+Comedy+Show+brought+humor+to+War+Memorial+Student+Union+Theatre+on+March+30+with+skits+and+stand-up+comedians.+

Joseph Scott/The Lion's Roar

The “AJ Live Comedy Show” brought humor to War Memorial Student Union Theatre on March 30 with skits and stand-up comedians.

The “AJ Live Comedy Show” delivered hours of humorous fun to campus.

The show, which was run, written and created by AJ Jackson with the help of his friends and family, was held in the War Memorial Student Union Theatre on March 30. The two-hour interactive show included many of the audience members participating in skits.

According to Jackson, each show offers something different for audience members.

“I write and produce the whole show myself,” stated Jackson. “I have different comedians that come to the show every time. We do new material every time, so no show is the same.”

In line with the show’s “Ladies’ Night” theme, two female comedians performed including Rita Brent from the Rick Smiley Morning Show and Comedy Central.

Skits, stand-up comedians and Jackson made up the show.

“I wanted to do a show that embodied theatre and comedy all in one,” said Jackson. “I wanted to do my own thing.”

Jackson created the show out of his love for comedy and his desire to use the theatre knowledge he gained in college.

“I went to Dillard University in New Orleans,” shared Jackson. “I usually come back every few months or so, do a show here just for the town. I want to give them a good time.”