Filed under On Campus

Color guard recruitment

The+%22Spirit+of+the+Southland%22+Colorguard+set+up+a+table+to+recruit+interested+students.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Color guard recruitment

The

The "Spirit of the Southland" Colorguard set up a table to recruit interested students.

Maiah Woodring/The Lion's Roar

Maiah Woodring/The Lion's Roar

Maiah Woodring/The Lion's Roar

The “Spirit of the Southland” Colorguard continues recruitment.

On April 3, the color guard set up a recruitment table outside the War Memorial Student Union. According to Kirsten Saint, captain of the color guard, high school and university students are welcome with no experience required.

Saint expressed that the recruitment has been successful so far.

“Around 15 people have shown interest in it and taken flyers and asked us questions about it,” said Saint. “I really believe that at least half of them will come to clinic and tryouts, so that’s really awesome that people are interested in it.”

Besides tabling events, the color guard has also used social media and flyers to recruit members.

Saint wants anyone interested in joining to know that it is fun and involves a $600 scholarship.

“It keeps you in the eye of the school, and it keeps you involved in it and active, and you get to have a lot of more friends,” shared Saint.