Students express their appreciation with potted plants

Students+painted+flower+pots+at+Campus+Activities+Boards+Planting+Our+Appreciation+in+the+Student+Union+Breezeway.+Some+used+the+event+as+a+way+to+relax+for+the+week+before+finals+whereas+others+made+a+gift+for+Mothers+Day.+

Zachary Araki/The Lion's Roar

Students painted flower pots at Campus Activities Board’s “Planting Our Appreciation” in the Student Union Breezeway. Some used the event as a way to relax for the week before finals whereas others made a gift for Mother’s Day.

Students painted pots, planted flowers and wrote messages to relax and make some gifts leading into finals week.

Campus Activities Board put up tables in the Student Union Breezeway on May 9 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Megan Blomquist, event manager for CAB, discussed why CAB held “Planting Our Appreciation.”

“It’s kind of around the end of the semester, so finals, and painting’s really relaxing, and it’s also good to just recognize what you’re grateful for and who you’re appreciative of,” said Blomquist. “It’s a great gift. Mother’s Day is coming up. This could be a good Mother’s Day gift.”

Leandrew Pate III, a sophomore biological sciences major, liked the timing of the event during the week before finals week.

“It’s kind of relaxing,” said Pate. “It’s great to just see everybody out here doing something.”

For Pate, the event was an opportunity for him and his girlfriend.

“It was something just nice to do instead of being stressed out,” stated Pate.

Blomquist felt content with the event’s turnout.

“I think it turned out really well,” shared Blomquist. “The weather wasn’t super great. We had to change locations, but I think the location change actually made more people stop by because we’re in such a common location. We got all of our pots painted.”