Organizational news – Sept. 17, 2019 issue

Recognized Greek and student organizations, as well as university departments and programs, may submit Organizational News by completing the form available at The Lion’s Roar Facebook page or The Lion’s Roar page on the university website. All submissions will be verified by The Lion’s Roar staff and may be edited for grammar, libel and space considerations. Submissions are due at 10 a.m. the Friday prior to publication.

Southeastern Louisiana University College Democrats 

The Southeastern Louisiana University College Democrats provides an organization for progressive-minded students to be involved with those who have similar views. We volunteer on Democratic campaigns, participate in Democratic events, inform the campus and community about Democratic issues, perform community service and host social events. Our social media handle for both Instagram and Twitter is @slu_dems. Follow us to find out meeting times and events throughout the semester and always remember to Lion Up.

Phi Kappa Phi

Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society is hosting the 18th Annual Homecoming Intramural Quiz Bowl Competition on Tuesday, Oct. 8, from 2-5:30 p.m. in the Student Union Theatre. Teams of four compete together in a double-elimination tournament culminating in the top student vs top faculty team for the Quiz Bowl Championship. Cash prizes are awarded to the top two student and faculty teams. For an application form, email Dr. Claire Procopio at [email protected]. Only the first four student and faculty teams will be accepted.