Honors students recognized for excellence

Gabrielle Wood/The Lion's Roar

Fawaz Adesina, a senior physics major, is awarded with his Honors Cord after being recognized for completing his Honors Diploma. His senior project was titled “Critical Design Review: Remote Observer of Many Interesting Events (ROOMIE) – 2B.”

The university’s Honors Program held a ceremony to award its students who go above and beyond in their studies. 

The Fall 2019 Recognition Ceremony took place from 4:30- 5:30 p.m. in the Student Union Theatre. 

Sophomore Honors Distinction recipients were honored with an award for completing 15 honors credits in four semesters with no grade lower than a ‘B’. Students were also recognized as being apart of the Thirteen Club, the first honors organization on campus. Several students presented their thesis research projects that they have been working on since the beginning of this semester before the ceremony took place. Additionally, five students received their Honors Cords for graduation.

Caroline Abadie, a senior early childhood education major, discussed her experience being apart of the Thirteen Club.

“It’s an honor to be apart of the Thirteen Club and a great feeling to be recognized for all of the hard work that I’ve been doing over the past few years toward my degree in early childhood education,” stated Abadie. “I am proud to attend a school that cares about recognizing its students, and I am proud to be a Southeastern Lion.”  

Dr. Claire Procopio, director of the Honors Program, expressed the importance of the honors path and the members involved.

“All of my Thirteen Club students who have taken every credit at Southeastern, we think that matters,” said Procopio. “When you graduate from this program, you go out into the world and you be someone. You become someone who is successful.”

For more information or to get involved in the program, contact the Honors Office at 985-549-2135 or drop by the Honors Office in the Student Union, Suite 1305.