Transportation provided by Lion Share

Larshell Green

Lion Ride Share, a new carpooling service, has its own page on the university website in order to facilitate a connection for transportation. The new resource allows both parties involved to choose their own criteria by entering their W number and password used to log into other services on the university website.

The Lion's Roar/Larshell Green 

Following the recent flooding, the university has created Lion Ride Share to aid students, faculty and staff. Through feedback from students, faculty and staff, many identified transportation assistance was needed, according to Erin Cowser, Director of Public and Governmental Affairs.

“We were constantly thinking about ways we could help our campus community,” said Cowser. “This idea popped up after hearing so many students tell us they definitely wanted to attend the fall semester, but that they weren’t sure when or if their vehicles would be fixed or replaced.” 

According to Cowser, the Office of Technology created the utility instruments for the webpages and Cowser assisted with the content messaging, look and promotion.

Cowser expects the resource to carry on for the remainder of the fall semester. Connect with faculty, staff and students using the website southeastern.edu/lionrideshare to get involved in Lion Ride Share to receive or offer transportation.