University welcomes future lions

Prospective+students+and+their+families+attend+informational+sessions+at+Lion+Pride+Preview+to+learn+more+about+the+university+and+college+life.+

Diamond Hollins/The Lion's Roar

Prospective students and their families attend informational sessions at “Lion Pride Preview” to learn more about the university and college life.

The Office of Admissions hosts “Lion Pride Preview” to show prospective students what the university can offer.

Prospective students and their families visited campus on Feb. 2 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Anthony Ranatza, director of admissions, explained the purpose of the event.

“We hope our future lions get to experience all aspects of campus from our stellar academic programs to living on campus and so much more,” stated Ranatza. “We showcase the critical aspects of student life and important factors students need to explore in choosing a university. We explore our housing, dining, student life, activities, admissions and financial aid all in great detail. In addition, we want our prospective students and guest to make connections with our current students, faculty and staff.”

To Amanda Hammonds, assistant director of orientation and events, students who attend “Lion Pride Preview” share a common trait.

“Students are still learning what college is all about,” shared Hammonds. “Some are still deciding what they want their future to look like, and we hope Southeastern will be a part of that journey.”

Hammonds described why “Lion Pride Preview” is important.

“It may be the first time these students and guests are visiting our campus,” said Hammonds. “This event is all about the student and their guests making the day their own and feeling at home on our campus. They have the opportunity to choose different sessions that are appealing to them, and by doing this, they are laying the groundwork for their college experience.”