CAB hosts inaugural “Kitten Yoga” event

Emilie Rader, a sophomore criminal justice major, holds a cat available for adoption through Tangipahoa Animal Control during CAB’s Kitten Yoga event on Tuesday.

The Campus Activities Board presented a new way for students to unwind from their academics, called “Kitten Yoga”.

“Kitten Yoga” took place on Monday, Sept. 9, in the Student Union Park. The event was not only sponsored by CAB but also the Tangipahoa Parish Animal Control Center.

Many students looked forward to doing a fun activity, such as yoga while getting to play with kittens simultaneously.

Corinne Leader, a freshman nursing major, attended the event and explained why she wanted to experience it.

“I really thought it was a fun idea and honestly, I’m just here for the cats,” said Leader.

Students also felt that it was a great way to relax from the stress of the school day.

“I came for the relaxation and the kittens,” shared Caitlin Farmer, a sophomore computer science major.

Due to the hot weather conditions the yoga portion of “Kitten Yoga” was canceled, however, students were still able to play with the kittens separately.

Students who attended also had the chance of winning free prizes. CAB gave out free pairs of cat socks to the first 20 students to post a picture to their social media of their “Kitten Yoga” experience.

To learn more about adoption contact the Tangipahoa Animal Control at [email protected] or call 985-543-0215.