Police make final arrest for murder of student

HAMMOND – After a year-long search and investigation into the murder of a Southeastern student, Hammond Police say they have finally arrested the last suspect allegedly involved in the homicide.
Terry Michael Landry, 20, of Gretna, La., was arrested by police at an apartment on Edenborn Avenue in Metairie, La., after nearly a year of escaping charges by law enforcement, according to Lt. Vincent Giannobile.
Landry is accused of murdering Raphael Garrison, a 23-year-old graduate student, at his North Oak Street apartment, just minutes away from the university’s campus.
Police first discovered Garrison, according to Giannobile, lying on the floor of his apartment with multiple gunshot wounds. At the time of the incident, police said it was unknown how many times Garrison had been shot.
Giannobile said investigators believed the murder was narcotics-related, and eyewitnesses told police that Hudson and Landry left Garrison’s apartment in a tan colored vehicle.
Soon after the murder, police arrested Richard Hudson, 20, of New Orleans, La., at his residence in New Orleans and charged him with first-degree murder.
At the time, Landry was still at-large, though police received numerous tips as to his whereabouts, claiming that he was also in the New Orleans area. Giannobile said police followed many of the tips, but they proved to be false, and Landry was never located.
However, Giannobile said investigators received a tip of Landry’s location in Jefferson Parish that proved to be reliable. Landry was taken into custody without incident by the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office, the Louisiana Attorney General Fugitive Task Force, the Drug Enforcement Agency and the U.S. Marshall’s task force.  
Landry was taken to the Jefferson Parish Lockup, according to Giannobile, where he was booked initially by the sheriff’s office as a fugitive before being released to the Hammond Police Department.
Giannobile said Landry will be transported to Hammond, booked into the Hammond City Jail and charged with first-degree murder.  He will then be transported to the Tangipahoa Parish Jail.
Giannobile thanked the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s office, DEA, the Louisiana Attorney General Fugitive task force and the U.S. Marshall’s task force for their continued support in the capture of Landry.