Sorority sisters show off their steps

Johnathan Zeringue

The Pi lota Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc. held a yard show to showcase the members’ step-dancing for Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. Founders Week.

Johnathan Zeringue, Staff Reporter

As part of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. Founders Week, members of the Pi lota Chapter showcased their step-dancing in a yard show.

The yard show was held on Tuesday, Nov. 13 in the Student Union Breezeway.

Anti-Grammateus and Chaplin of the Pi lota Chapter Nahilia Colbert, a junior kinesiology major, discussed the preparation that went into the night’s event.

“The ladies of the chapter all had to practice together for tonight,” said Colbert. “The hardest part was figuring out which steps to practice or how the steps would actually improve or look more presentable.”

Jaylin McKinnis, a sophomore biological sciences major, shared her favorite aspects of the event.

“My favorite part was getting to enjoy the music and dance with my friends,” said McKinnis. “It also allowed members of both fraternities and sororities to connect and meet multiple personalities.”

Tyrean Celestine, a sophomore family and consumer sciences major, performed with her sorority, and she discussed what she hoped attendees took from the yard show.

“I am most looking forward to performing for everyone and showing them what we all practiced and worked so hard on.” said Celestine. “All our hard work will show throughout our performance. We’re doing a lot of different things, and hopefully, people will be able to tell we worked hard.”