Filed under On Campus, Showcase

Playing with dogs to de-stress

Students+play+with+a+dog+in+the+Student+Union+Park+at+the+third+annual+%22Puppy+Pawlooza.%22+Campus+Activities+Board+and+the+Tangi+Humane+Society+collaborated+to+help+dogs+find+homes+and+help+students+de-stress.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Playing with dogs to de-stress

Students play with a dog in the Student Union Park at the third annual

Students play with a dog in the Student Union Park at the third annual "Puppy Pawlooza." Campus Activities Board and the Tangi Humane Society collaborated to help dogs find homes and help students de-stress.

Maiah Woodring/The Lion's Roar

Maiah Woodring/The Lion's Roar

Maiah Woodring/The Lion's Roar

Students took their minds off midterms by enjoying a sunny day of walking, cuddling and playing with dogs.

On March 13 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Student Union Park, Campus Activities Board and the Tangi Humane Society collaborated to bring the dogs to campus.

The third annual “Puppy Pawlooza” served to help dogs find homes and help students de-stress. According to Dera Beckemeyer, a volunteer with the Tangi Humane Society, not many adoptions were facilitated.

“Because the students support us in different ways, we feel like it’s a worthwhile community outreach,” shared Beckemeyer.

Nickolas Dunbar, a sophomore computer science major, enjoyed going out to “Puppy Pawlooza.”

“I like having all these dogs here,” said Dunbar. “Everyone can come over, check ‘em out. Adoptions taking place is better than just having ‘em sit around at a shelter.”

Jasmine Smith, a freshman management major, volunteered with CAB to put on the event. She discussed the idea to put on the event.

Smith said, “It’s a good way for students to relieve stress with midterms happening, and it was just an idea came about like, ‘What can we do to make students calm down with their stress with midterms?’ and ‘Why not bring puppies that everybody so obviously loves?’”