Filed under On Campus

Bake sale raises money for mental health

The+National+Alliance+on+Mental+Illness+on+Campus+Southeastern+held+a+bake+sale+in+the+Student+Union+Breezeway+to+help+fund+the+organization.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The National Alliance on Mental Illness on Campus Southeastern held a bake sale in the Student Union Breezeway to help fund the organization.

Maiah Woodring/The Lion's Roar

Maiah Woodring/The Lion's Roar

Maiah Woodring/The Lion's Roar

The National Alliance on Mental Illness on Campus Southeastern raised money to fund the group and future events with a bake sale.

The organization set up its “St. Patty’s Day Bake Sale and Raffle” on March 11-12 in the Student Union Breezeway.

Lojuanda Weary, a junior biological sciences major, explained why a bake sale was the optimal fundraising format.

“With a bake sale, it is very easy,” said Weary. “First of all, people love food, and they love sweets, and they love food that are cheap, so we try to make a fundraiser, a bake sale, because it’s the quickest way to catch someone’s attention.”

Weary described the event as a success.

“Some people didn’t have to buy baked goods,” shared Weary. “They just told us to keep the money, and we did have a really successful sale so far ‘cause half of the goodies are gone.”